Violeta Beširević, Professor of Law
Office IV (I Floor)
- Constitutional Law
- EU Law
- Medical Law
- Law and Politics: Courts as Political Institutions
- Constitutionalism and Democracy
- Human Rights in Medical Context
- Postdoc – NYU School of Law, USA (2012-2013)
- S.J.D. – Central European University, Budapest – Comparative Constitutional Law (2005)
- LL.M – Central European University / USNY, New York – Comparative Constitutional Law (1996)
- Bar Exam – (1989)
- LL.B – Belgrade University School of Law (1985)
- Euthanasia: Legal Principles and Policy Choices, Florence: European Press Academic Publishing, 2006.
- New Politics of Decisionism, (ed.), The Hague: Eleven International Publishing, 2019.
- “‘Governing Without Judges’: The Politics of the Constitutional Court in Serbia”, International Journal of Constitutional Law (I-CON), Oxford University Press & NYU School of Law, vol. 12, no. 4, 2014, pp. 954-979.
- Making Sense of the Political Question Doctrine: The Case of Kosovo, Review of Central and East European Law, BRILL & University of Graz, Vol.46, No.1, 2021, pp. 91-130.
- Thinking Outside the Politics Box: Framing a Judicial Role in Shaping Militant Democracy in the European Union, in: Belov (ed.), Courts and Judicial Activism under Crisis Conditions: Policy Making in a Time of Illiberalism and Emergency Constitutionalism, Routledge, 2022, pp. 74-98.